Job Purpose: Provide premier customer service by greeting all patients for appointments and assisting with necessary paperwork in accordance with practice guidelines.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Greet visitors, verify patient demographics and insurance information and make any necessary changes.
- Collect patient co-pays and outstanding balances.
- Assist patients to complete necessary forms in accordance with HIPAA and practice regulations.
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA and practice regulations.
- Accurately enter information into electronic medical record and practice management computer system.
- Maintain the daily schedules of the clinic.
- Assist patients with questions and concerns.
- Maintain cash box.
- Maintain a clean and presentable lobby area.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Qualification Requirements: In order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and regular attendance is required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or GED Required, Associate’s Degree preferred. 1-2 years of Registrar experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Working knowledge of:
- Word processing and/or other computer applications
- Customer service
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use active listening skills
- Use problem-solving skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Prioritize work and work with a fluctuating workload.
- Read and understand information presented in writing.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee must be able to lift and transport up to 15 pounds.
The employee is regularly required to use dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Working Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This employee works in a medical specialty clinic or outpatient endoscopy center and is infrequently exposed to hazardous chemicals or conditions. The employee is exposed to a computer monitor daily.
Minnesota Gastroenterology, P.A. is an EEO/AA employer: women, minorities, the disabled and veterans encouraged to apply.
Minnesota Gastroenterology, P.A. - 17 days ago