As Registrar you will take and relay telephone messages, provide routine information to patients and/or direct patients inquiry to appropriate staff/unit, compile and prepare periodic statistical reports, and perform other clerical duties, as needed.
- Answers phones, provides necessary information and takes appropriate messages. Contacts various departments and clinical services, as needed.
- May schedule appointments for patients with ancillary departments and Doctors' offices.
- May in-take registration of patients by greeting them as they arrive to suite, obtaining necessary demographic and insurance information, and recording it appropriately.
- May perform some cashiering duties. Receives bill completed by physician and collects the proper fee from patient. Forwards all bills and payments to appropriate individual for proper processing.
- Retrieves and files charts/reports as needed.
- May screen medical records for completion. Audits incomplete chart file.
- May contact employer, insurance company for governmental agency, as needed.
- Compiles statistics on a daily and monthly basis and prepare various statistical reports.
- Enters data into department computer system and types correspondence, as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior customer service experience, required.
- Data entry skills (80 keystrokes per minute), required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
North Shore-LIJ Health System - 19 months ago
One of the nation's largest health systems, North Shore-LIJ delivers world-class clinical care throughout the New York metropolitan area,...