We have an opening for a Per Diem (PRN) Registrar to work at our employer health center located in San Antonio, TX!
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions ( www.takecareemployersolutions.com ) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
Responsible for greeting all patients, registration filing, telephone coverage, appropriate scheduling of patient appointments, handling daily cash management and reconciliation, and maintaining an orderly flow of patients through the health center and lobby area.
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
- Greet, check patients in/out of the office including collections of co-pays
- Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other physician offices or specialists
- Answers telephone and either responds to inquiry, directs caller to appropriate personnel, or initiates a triage slip for response by medical personnel
- Appropriate scheduling/re-scheduling and enters appointment date and time into EMR
- Conducts reminder calls to all patients
- Registers patients by verifying that patient's record is up to date and accurate. Makes appropriate changes in EMR
- Collects payment from patients and reconciles daily cash reports
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to identify and solve problems in a timely manner; gathering and analyzing information skillfully, developing alternate solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; listening skills are essential while remaining open to other ideas and trying new things
- Conducts self with professionalism and in a tactful manner, treating others with respect and consideration
- Follows through on commitments
- Strong customer service orientation, responding quickly and appropriately to customer needs, and managing difficult or emotional situations
- Demonstrates ability to perform and maintain Annual Competencies.
- Other duties as assigned
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!
- One year certificate from college or technical school with concentration in administrative support for medical settings or at least three year’s experience in a primary care medical office, health clinic, ambulatory care clinic or occupational office
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Knowledge of electronic medical records systems
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Take Care Health - 2 years ago
At Take Care Health Systems we offer a more personalized, human approach to healthcare.
Our Take Care Clinics, conveniently located in...