Responsible for all student academic record keeping. This includes compiling, maintaining, and tracking student academic information and records for internal and external analysis and/or use. This position acts as the central records facilitator for permanent academic information on current and prior students. The Registrar shares responsibility with the Dean of Academic Affairs and Academic Department Directors for the successful enrollment and persistence of both online and on ground students. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Organize and conduct quarterly registration process for in-school and incoming students.
- Interact with ADDs to ensure students are properly enrolled.
- Monitor attendance and persistence procedures.
- Generate reports in requested formats for in-house, support staff and external agency use.
- Process student grades and enforce Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAPP).
- Serve as the Designated School Official for the Veterans Administration.
- Review degree candidates and graduation ceremony.
- Provide oversight and support of all Plus program duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned.
Dean of Academic Affairs
Associate Registrars, Registrar Assistants, Records Assistants, Transfer Credit Coordinator (No# reports varies by size of school)
faculty, students, and staff
- Bachelor's Degree required with a Master's Degree preferred.
- At least five years of related experience working in a post-secondary institution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty, staff, and student populations.
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Work effectively as either a leader or a team member to ensure that departmental goals are met.
- Ability to prioritize work and perform well under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to comply with regulatory requirements with respect to student academic records and other documentation.
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Education Management Corporation - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Education Management Corporation is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America, based on student...