Specific Position Responsibilities*
- Provide primary support for registration and schedule adjustments.
- Primary in processing registration cancellations for non-payment or deferment.
- Primary in processing registration for graduate students, special study registrations: COOP, Independent Study, individualized instruction, thesis and private music instruction.
- Primary in conducting class list validation process: distributes lists to faculty, receives and processes responses; researches and resolves class list discrepancies; maintains excel file and generates notifications of non-attendance to students and advisors.
- Primary in recording and releasing all "holds" placed on student records.
- Primary in processing address changes via paper and special email account.
- Primary in opening and distributing office mail and maintaining confidentiality of sensitive correspondence.
- Assist in managing the registrar email account; correspond with faculty, staff and students or refer inquiries to appropriate person.
- Assist in using Astra Schedule to reserve classrooms for special events.
- Assist in processing enrollment verifications.
- Assist in processing requests for withdrawals and leave of absences.
- Assist in processing transfer credits, transcript requests, graduation applications, or other Records area tasks as assigned.
- Primary in the manual registration of students for placement testing and in answering questions concerning placement testing.
- Assists concerning the logistics of placement testing and during in-person placement testing "check-in."
- Primary in the registration of students through PASSHE's visiting student applications; maintains accurate records of these registrations and organizes the logistics of notifying visiting students and their home universities of their registered status at MU through one or more of the following means: phone, fax, e-mail and traditional mail.
- Primary concerning reporting loan deferment information for students, which includes: collecting all loan deferment forms submitted to the RO by students; creating and maintaining a tracking system for all loan deferment forms prior to sending paper copies to the NSC for processing; researching all problems and discrepancies regarding enrollment status or deferment forms; communicating with NSC staff to resolve problems for current students.
- Summer (May to August) responsibilities include being primary in Freshmen Registration using the information and data obtained by the assistant registrar for registration regarding major and undeclared learning communities as well as the seats that are held in reserve for use in freshmen scheduling; build individual schedules for freshmen and maintain contact with newly incoming freshmen regarding their schedules; maintain contact with academic departments, when necessary, in order to clarify freshman scheduling expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Note: tasks indicated as "Primary" are the incumbent's main responsibilities. The four registration and records assistants are cross-trained to cover essential during vacations or sick leave, or to balance workload. Tasks marked "Assist" are the primary responsibilities of the other registration or records assistants.
At least six months of clerical experience; proficiency in Word including word processing and Excel. Demonstrated ability to proofread and prioritize duties. Attention to detail. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication and organization skills. Applicants must take and pass a computerized clerical test. Demonstrated evidence of commitment to diversity and equity; successful interview; and a background check.
Experience using Banner, Brio and the internet.
Faculty - Approved Position Number:
If Temporary, End Date (format mm/dd/year)
Full Consideration Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Annual salary is $27,012 plus comprehensive benefits including tuition waiver for self and dependents.
Interviewees will be required to take a typing test, passing is 40 wpm.
If this is a FACULTY position and you plan to advertise externally, indicate the advertising sources:
If this is a STAFF position and you plan to advertise externally, indicate the advertising sources:
Please list any other advertising sources for this STAFF position:
Search/Selection Committee Members