1-3 years of experience preferred
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Registration Representative performs a variety of data entry and general registration functions for outpatient departments in the facility. It is the responsibility of the registration representative to accurately collect patient demographic and insurance data to ensure appropriate reimbursement and claim filing. The registrar will utilize technology to accurately quote and collect patient liabilities that have been identified by the insurance company. Under the direction of the patient access supervisor, is responsible to follow all registration and admitting policies and procedures. Performs a variety of Admitting/Administrative tasks to arrange the admission of patients of all ages to the Hospital. Acts as a resource in providing all customers with the highest level of service. Enhances the hospital experience for patients, families and visitors by providing appropriate hospitality and concierge services.
The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 1-2 years customer service role in a Health Care setting and/or medical office/billing preferred
- CPAT preferred
- Medical terminology and computer experience required.
- Must have highly developed social and communication skills.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to stay calm and level-headed in difficult situations.
Baptist Health Care
- 2 years ago - save job