The Registration Services Representative (RSR) is primarily responsible for verifying the patient registration and insurance information prior to patient appointments and/or visits, updating this information as necessary, and managing electronic work files to ensure that all such patient information is accurate and complete to allow for accurate technical and professional billing. The RSR will use a variety of electronic and other means to gather and verify demographic and insurance information, including contacting patients if necessary. The RSR is responsible for performing various administrative and clerical duties required to support these functions and, on an as-needed basis, may be required to perform other duties as needed.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 1 -2 years previous experience in a customer service role required. Healthcare setting is preferred.
Experience may be offset with completion of an Associate’s degree or equivalent education, or successful completion of an approved medical assistant program accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), or the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians, management, staff, and other customers.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, including the ability to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking and creativity when resolving customer issues.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of all personal/health sensitive information.
- Ability to effectively handle challenging situations and to balance multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing.
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enter and interpret computerized data/information.