The Regulatory Compliance Manager is responsible for assisting senior management in the identification, measurement and assessment of the Bank’s compliance risk. This position performs sufficient and representative compliance testing to determine adherence with applicable consumer protection laws, regulations, and supervisory guidance as well as adherence with Bank policies and procedures; makes recommendations to reduce risk exposure in the areas of high operational and compliance risk; helps in the coordination and support of compliance examinations and independent audits; and, prepares reports as to the Bank’s compliance with laws/regulations, policies and procedures. This position advises senior management and Bank personnel of emerging compliance issues and in the establishment of controls to mitigate attendant risks. This position also assists the Chief Compliance Officer in managing and overseeing the Bank’s compliance-related projects and tasks.
The Regulatory Compliance Manager assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from an accredited college or university; or, equivalent education from a technical or trade school; or, 3-5+ years related experience and/or training.
- Work related experience should consist of a background in bank compliance, audits or examinations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Intermediate math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
- Basic knowledge of operational procedures, bank products and services.
- Advanced knowledge of related state and federal consumer compliance laws and regulations, and other bank policies.
North American Savings Bank - 17 months ago