This position will report to the Eagle Ford Regulatory Compliance Supervisor in San Antonio and will be responsible for regulatory compliance in the development of the Eagle Ford Shale Asset.
The successful candidate will be located in the San Antonio, Texas area.
The Eagle Ford Shale is a new oil shale development area which includes construction, drilling, and production operations. The successful candidate will be charged with providing regulatory support to assist the Asset Team in complying with federal, state and local regulations. The candidate will work closely with management, operations and other professionals to clearly define regulatory issues and develop solutions. The Regulatory Compliance professional must be able to effectively interact with agency representatives to secure permits and resolve compliance issues. Experience with drilling, completions and producing asset regulatory permits is preferred.
- Responsible for providing regulatory compliance support to the Eagle Ford Asset Team.
- Responsible for preparation and submittal of drilling permits, completion reports, injection well permits, waiver requests, and required work reports to regulatory agencies in assigned operating area. Close interaction with professionals in land, drilling & completions, HES, and asset teams will be essential to secure the necessary data and exhibits.
- Responsible for compilation of various other required regulatory submittals. This requirement can include filings related to bonding, production disposition, commingling, road usage, county permits, annual submittals, well integrity testing, notice of violations, etc.
- Monitor status of regulatory submittals and follow up with regulatory agencies to ensure timely submittals and approvals.
- Responsible for the evaluation of regulatory compliance issues in new and existing operating areas as well as assisting in the development of compliance systems/documents to ensure ongoing compliance and communication of departures to Eagle Ford Regulatory Compliance Supervisor and Asset Team as needed.
- Responsible for understanding current regulations and tracking proposed regulations; identify potential impacts to Eagle Ford asset and operations.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships to help ensure that Marathon lives its values with key stakeholders, including internal team members, contract companies, regulatory agencies and members of the public.
- Participate in Eagle Ford asset and operations meetings.
- Education Required : Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Work Experience : 5+ years preferred. Experience with onshore oil and gas upstream regulatory compliance and a general knowledge of upstream oil and gas operations.
- Computer Proficiencies : Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, etc.; Adobe Acrobat
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
- Email this opportunity to a friend
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and...