Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ONE) is a leading company focused on creating cost-saving efficiencies for higher education institutions and providing high-value services to students. Higher One offers a wide array of technological services on campus, ranging from streamlining the institution’s performance analytics and financial aid refund processes to offering students innovative banking services, tuition payment plans, and the basics of financial management. Higher One works closely with colleges and universities to allocate resources more efficiently in order to provide a higher quality of service and education to students.
Founded in 2000 on a college campus by students, Higher One now serves more than half of the higher education market, providing its services to over 1,250 campuses and 10.5 million students at distinguished public and private institutions nationwide.
At Higher One, we believe that every employee is critical to our success! Our innovative services depend on the energy, values, hard work and dedication of our employees. As we continue to grow, we look for others who are also committed to retaining a small-company feel while moving us to the next level!
Higher One is currently looking for a Regulatory Compliance Specialist to handle the following responsibilities:
- Provide oversight and direction for financial services activities regarding Company’s regulatory compliance requirements, including the USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Regulations E, DD and CC and other deposit related banking rules and regulations to ensure the organization complies with all pertinent state and federal laws.
- Candidate must be able to proactively identify compliance risks, evaluate corporate operations for regulatory issues and develop and/or refine existing processes, to ensure that Company’s exposure to compliance failures and related fines and penalties are minimized.
- Conduct periodic testing of compliance policies and procedures and controls to ascertain Company’s conformance with consumer-related laws and regulations.
- Review compliance operations and procedures to ascertain whether results are consistent with federal and state laws and regulations and whether the compliance programs are being carried out as planned.
- Review the findings of the monitoring results with pertinent personnel and discuss recommendations for corrective action.
- Review and maintain effectiveness of the current compliance monitoring program, through periodic discussions with department heads.
- Candidate must have experience in reviewing business requirements and related documentation, to insure that the systems that they depict will be compliant with applicable state and federal laws.
- Candidate must have experience and be capable of describing in detail what function and/or feature is required in the system to move it from non-compliant to compliant with state and federal laws.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of directly related work experience in banking regulatory compliance
- Candidate must have an understanding of back office bank processing for all deposit products
- Thorough knowledge of USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Regulations E, DD and CC and other related deposit banking rules and regulations
- Successful experience in performing analysis of compliance practices and procedures
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Should be a self-starter and organized; able to work independently, without supervision; able to solve problems and offer solutions
Higher One - 8 months ago
The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing and...