Provide regulatory expertise to the company as it pertains to food manufacturing. This position will interact with other departments to ensure that we are in compliance with government regulations as well as company policies.
1. Review and provide regulatory guidance on package graphics. Work with the graphics and marketing departments to ensure compliance to FDA regulatory guidelines.
2. Create and revise Nutritional Facts Panels as requested. Work with Product Development to ensure compliance to FDA regulatory guidelines as well as USDA Child Nutritional guidelines.
3. Support MOM Excellence projects as needed.
4. Act as a technical resource to MOM Sales team, Marketing, Graphics, R & D, Consumer Affairs and external customers (e.g. Private Label customers and government agencies).
5. Develop and maintain the Sales and Marketing Claim Sheets. This is tool for the Sales and Marketing teams to use while communicating to customers on what our products qualify for.
6. Develop and maintain MOM Brands and customer specific Finished Product Specifications. Maintain information on network database.
7. Collaborate with Regulatory Manager on department policies and work instructions.
Education: A bachelor’s in food science, nutritional science or food safety is required.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in quality assurance with a consumer food products company is required. Knowledge of food and ingredient standards and FDA food labeling regulations is required.
Skills: Must have advanced organizational skills and the ability to develop and manage multiple priorities. Results-oriented with strong attention to detail and meets deadlines. Good problem solving skills with the emphasis on presenting solutions. A team player with strong interpersonal skills who demonstrates good judgment, initiative, and works with a sense of urgency. Excellent computer skills including the use of database systems are needed, as are excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language.
Preferences: Have experience with Canadian and Mexican regulations.
MOM Brands - 22 months ago
MOM Brands (formerly Malt-O-Meal Company), a privately held and family owned company, is the third largest cereal company in the United...