Function: Regulatory Affairs & Stewardship
State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Regulatory Specialist (Operations)
Job ID: 4909
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with 28,000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to one purpose: bringing plant potential to life. We contribute to addressing some of the planet’s most critical issues such as the rising demand for food from a growing population.
Working for Syngenta offers you the opportunity to play a part in addressing one of the most urgent challenges facing global agriculture today where we need to feed 200,000 more people every day.*
Come be part of our good growth plan: one planet, six commitments:
Make crops more efficient, rescue more farmland and help biodiversity flourish; empower smallholders, help people stay safe and look after each worker. * Our work matters.
There has never been a better time to join Syngenta!
Role purpose :
This role will have a regional component and a global component:
- North America Regional Operations Specialist: to support and coordinate all Operations-related activities for the North America Regulatory and Stewardship Seeds team. Identification of needs, delivery of solutions and document management. Support team members in the use of current tools and processes, including training.
- Global Operations Specialist: to support the Global Operations team in the development and maintenance of tools of processes. Ensure data quality in the various tools used to support the work of Regulatory and Stewardship Seeds, by developing processes for quality data entry, running audit and cleaning data.
North America Regional Operations Specialist:
- Manage regional tools such as regional teamspaces;
- Support Seeds Regulatory managers of the North America region:
- In the use of regional and global tools and processes; train new employees; identify need and drive solutions
- In the preparation of regulatory submissions
- Represent the North America region within the Global Operations team; ensure regional information is captured as needed and accurately in the global tools
- Support the Seeds Regulatory Regional Head for information gathering and anaylsis
- Support the Lead Operations and Policy for information gathering and anaylsis
- Responsible for document management in the North America region; be a Document Management Ambassador
Global Operations Specialist:
- Participate to the work of the Global Operation team in the development and maintenance of global tools and processes. Assist the current Global Operation Specialist (access rights, administrator role)
- Auditing for data quality; driving initiatives to ensure quality of current and future data
- Process documentation
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field (e.g. molecular biology, biochemistry, toxicology, entomology, plant breeding, etc.)
- In depth-understanding of standard office tools (Microsoft softwares)
- Understanding of Quality Systems
- Experience in technical writting (Standard Operating Processes, Training Manuals), as well as basic knowledge of the agriculture biotechnology and/or regulatory processes will be an avantage
Critical experience :
- Two to five years’ work experience in plant biotechnology regulatory affairs, through prior position in industry, academia, or government institution Experience in working with databases and in knowledge management, preferable in an industry environment
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities :
- Detail oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively work with multiple persons and teams, having various cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills. Ability to take initiatives, to work independently and to produce work of high accuracy under deadline pressure.
- Understanding and appreciating other perspectives and points of view
- Affinity for IT tools and systems
- Drive work to completion
Critical leadership capabilities :
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Good organisation and ability to run multi-tasks in parallel
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize own work
- Ability to work for different persons in a team
- Quick learning capability
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US
- Travel = 5%-10%
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Syngenta - 5 months ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...