Provides basic therapeutic services under the supervision of therapist or therapist assistants
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Administers routine treatments to patients, as outlined in department scope of service, working under the direction of licensed personnel.
Documents objective information regarding patient treatments, utilizing correct forms and including accurate charges. Assists in training of new employees and assists with volunteers.
Observes patients during treatment and reports patient responses orally or in writing to therapist or therapist assistant.
Maintains a safe and clean work environment for the patients.
Attends in services and departmental or hospital meetings.
Assists in department quality control (equipment checks, temp logs, cleaning checklists, etc.)
Performs clerical duties as needed.
Prepares equipment, rooms, and patients for therapy treatment.
Completes competency as outlined.
Transports patients as needed/required.
Performs transportation of supplies/medications from pharmacy or nursing areas for patient treatments and stocking of said supplies in the department.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
High School graduate or equivalent. Must be able to read, write legibly, speak and comprehend English.
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
As a community-owned, not-for-profit organization, DCH Health System is committed to providing quality health care services to all residents...