General Statement of Duties: To work with individuals with developmental and other disabilities and fulfill pre-determined programs as recommended by Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, or Speech/Language Therapist, and perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Ensure and safeguard consumers’ human dignity, rights and liberties.
2. Assist the Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech/Language consultants in performing evaluations as necessary.
3. Carry out pre-determined programs as recommended by the Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and/or Speech/Language Therapy consultants.
4. Provide necessary documentation, including data sheets and monthly progress notes.
5. Keep therapists updated concerning individual’s progress towards ISP goals on a regular ongoing basis, under the direction of supervisor.
6. Maintain inventory of program equipment and supplies.
7. Attend consumer related meetings as appropriate including pre-ISP’s, ISP’s, in-service and team meetings.
8. Report therapy issues and concerns to manager.
9. Monitor and maintain adaptive, exercise, and other appropriate equipment.
10. Physically assist consumers as necessary, including but not limited to:
• Using the bathroom.
• Transferring from and to wheelchairs.
• Eating meals.
• Behavioral intervention
• Emergency evacuation.
11. Ensure consumers’ health, safety and general well-being. Maintain a safe, clean and stimulating environment for each consumer.
12. Serve as program contact person in the absence of manager, as assigned.
13. Develop and expand opportunities for community integration to address consumers’ social and recreational interests, using agency and one’s own network of contacts.
14. Promote accessibility for people with disabilities in the community by identifying and addressing existing and potential barriers to access (architectural, attitudinal, etc.).
15. Establish and maintain professional relationships with consumers, family members, community contacts, co-workers, consultants, supervisors, funding sources, etc.
16. Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings and development.
17. Perform duties to reflect agency/program policies and procedures.
18. Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Universal/standard precautions must be utilized and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
19. Perform other related work duties as needed or as assigned by supervisor or designee.
BAMSI, Inc. - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard