The Reimbursement Specialist will have primary responsibility for settling patient accounts in a timely manner and ensures that Adventist HealthCare receives accurate reimbursement for services provided. Specific duties include the following:
- Processes all reimbursements in accordance with established guidelines and department policy.
- Works with management and team members to ensure effective and efficient processing of accounts.
- Communicates with patients, payers, team and management in a clear honest, diplomatic and respectful manner.
- Clearly and appropriately documents all communication, reimbursement arrangements and follow up actions on patients account.
- Effectively troubleshoots problems and report to management all issues that relate to reimbursement for quick resolution.
- Ensures compliance with coding requirements including UB92, ICD-9, CPT 4 as well as Federal, State, and/or Managed Care requirements.
Qualified applicants must meet the following requirements:
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- 1-2 years experience in Patient Financial Services (PFS) preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding desirable.
- Must maintain a high volume of processing without compromising quality and accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to participate in an environment that promotes staff development, productivity, customer satisfaction and efficiency.
- Basic Computer Skills with Microsoft Office Suite products (word, excel, PowerPoint).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.
- A premier healthcare system
- A compassionate mission of healing
- Dynamic Maryland/Washington D.C. market
Adventist HealthCare is a non-profit network of healthcare providers based in Maryland. At Adventist HealthCare, you will find a clear passion for caring for the whole person and a progressive faith-based mission. Pursue Excellence. Practice with Compassion
Ukiah Valley Medical Center (UVMC) is part of the Northern California Network of Adventist Health, which includes two acute care facilities,...