Cardon Outreach works tirelessly to reduce the financial burden of medical costs on Americans and on the healthcare providers who serve them. Our work makes a positive difference to thousands of people and hundreds of hospitals and clinics, in communities all over the nation, every day.
We are seeking a Reimbursement Specialist to work in our Spokane, WA regional office.
This position is responsible for investigating, facilitating and coordinating benefits for accident claims from auto, home or other liability insurance policies.
- Reviews and researches accident claims to determine possible payment sources.
- Contact various sources including patients, adjusters and other insurance professionals, attorneys and other parties to verify relevant data.
- Coordinates with appropriate client personnel to ensure appropriate filing guidelines are met for reimbursement.
- Requests appropriate information, both verbally and written, from appropriate parties to ensure proper claim disposition.
- Maintains and updates proper account documentation.
- Performing aggressive follow upon unresolved claims and facilitates payment from appropriate payers
- Makes written or verbal appeals to payers on denied claims.
Skills / Requirements:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and be able to speak professionally with patients, attorneys and insurance adjusters.
- Proven ability to be assertive in order to proactively resolve issues.
- Demonstrate ability to organize and set priorities according to situational demands.
- Prefer 3-5 years of related experience in hospital business offices and/or claims adjusting or Third Party Liability experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Working knowledge of computer functions including the internet and computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn in-house computer applications.
- Must be able to type at least 50 wpm
- Bachelors degree desirable.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Employing over 800 employees in 26 states, Cardon Outreach has over 20 years of experience in recovering hospital revenues associated with underinsured and unfunded hospital patients. Cardon Outreach offers a suite of services and technology solutions designed to aid healthcare facilities avoid costs, recover revenue,reduce operating and capital expenses, increase productivity, develop staff resources, and apply new strategies for revenue cycle management. www.cardonoutreach.com .
Cardon Outreach is an equal opportunity employer.
Cardon Outreach is a leading, national provider of revenue cycle management services with over 20 years of progressive experience. The...