The Reimbursement Specialist is responsible for the completion of the Medical Center's monthly revenue and accounts receivable analysis, as well as completing annual cost reports, state filings and preparing the annual revenue budget. Job responsibilities include all financial aspects of Medical Center's goal of achieving growth through analysis of revenue, preparation of cost report and other appeals, identifying and completing valuation analysis for the effects of new legislation on the Medical Center. Additional responsibilities include all operational matters affecting the preparation and reporting of monthly financial statements, budgeting, audit coordination, internal controls compliance, and PeopleSoft general ledger build & maintenance, including, but not limited to: |
1. Produces the financial data needed to complete the monthly revenue projections.
2. Completes on a yearly basis the Medicare Cost Report & Chapter 160 (SHARE) Report.
3. Reviews and analyzes the hospital patient accounts receivable and revenue on a monthly basis.
4. Prepares and reconciles the monthly hospital statistics both inpatient & outpatient.
5. Explains monthly and year-to-date variances and fluctuations (actual-to-budget / actual-to-prior year) using statistical, financial, and operational data.
6. Works on the revenue section on the monthly Finance Committee presentation.
7. Completes and monitors the Medical Center's annual revenue budget.
8. Completes forward-looking analysis for the effects on the Medical Center for anticipated or proposed legislation.
9. Complete monthly surveys including the Apollo, B-2, COTH, FAST, Quest.
10. Works with our internal and external auditors on all revenue, accounts receivable and third party issues.
11. Initiates the physician time studies on a bi-annual basis.
12. Is assigned to special projects and other tasks on request.
13. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
2. 3 to 5 years hospital reimbursement experience in a hospital or CPA environment.
3. Demonstrated knowledge and application of GAAP.
4. Excellent analytical skills.
5. Must be highly computer literate, including advanced use of Excel.
6. Must be able to establish effective working relationships with Senior Management and Staff at all levels of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
or MBA preferred.
Apply for this job online
Refer a friend to this job
Hackensack University Medical Center - 7 months ago
Hackensack University Medical Center (HUMC) is an acute care teaching and research hospital that serves the residents of northern New Jersey...