Health Care Reimbursement – Senior Associate
The Senior Associate provides reimbursement compliance reporting and advisory services to clients including preparation of Medicare, Medicaid and other cost reports as well as other reimbursement advisory services. The Senior Associate is responsible for multiple engagements and generally has two or more engagements simultaneously. The Senior Associate assumes responsibility for the supervision of associate team members on engagements and special projects, the review of working papers, financial statements and Medicare, Medicaid and other cost reports and is able to communicate with clients on a one-on-one basis. This position is available in Baton Rouge, LA.
Required Experience and Education
1. Two (2) or more years of relevant experience in the healthcare industry with a public accounting, fiscal intermediary, hospital, hospital system, or reimbursement advisory firm with a demonstrated growth in professional responsibilities and position as well as the number of personnel supervised.
2. Evidence of a progression in the complexity and scope of work performed as well as in the number of engagements supervised demonstrating an ability to supervise multiple tasks and engagements simultaneously.
3. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting, or degree appropriate to practice area.
4. Minimum of forty hours of continuing professional education is required each year to develop technical and supervisory skills to provide and supervise services to clients.
Required Licenses, Certificates or Knowledge
1. Holds either a current and valid certified public accountant’s license, or is working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam..
2. If CPA, must be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs and respective state societies.
3. Proficiency in use of computers, and computer accounting software, or software appropriate to practice area.
1. Assumes responsibility for supervising portions engagements and special assignments using established Firm policies and procedures.
2. Coordinates various phases of engagements, budgets time and expenses, monitors actual performance against budget, reviews working papers for accuracy and completeness, reviews Medicare & Medicaid cost reports and other documentation in support of completed engagements for suitability of presentation, accuracy, completeness and adequacy of disclosures.
3. Resolves accounting and consulting problems as they arise.
4. Provides supervision and the on-the-job training to associate team members assigned to project.
5. Assigns work to team members based on their knowledge and capabilities.
6. Supports training of team members, offers guidance and direction, provides constructive criticism of work product.
7. Ensures that working papers, cost reports, other reports, etc are prepared in accordance with professional and Firm standards.
8. Communicates project’s progress, problems, resolutions, and other business concerns to Supervisors, Managers, Senior Managers, or Partners.
9. Reviews with Supervisor, Manager, Senior Managers or Partner significant findings or issues involving reimbursement principles, instructions, regulations or laws.
10. Assists in recruiting entry-level and experienced team members and attends appropriate recruiting or other events and functions at colleges and universities sponsored by the Firm as well as such other recruiting duties as needed.
11. Attends to client service and recognizes that adding value to clients’ businesses is an integral part of the job requirements. Demonstrates the ability to identify cross-selling opportunities and follow through with those opportunities or refers them to other professionals if necessary.
12. Takes responsibility for accuracy of data entry, accumulation, and maintenance in all aspects of what we do as a Firm.
13. Learns through Mentor or direct Manager proper delegation and management of workload and demonstrates ability to properly delegate and manage workload.
14. Assists in marketing of the Firm’s services and products
15. Seeks professional certification in order to become a recognized leader in the health care industry (CPA, CHFP, FHFMA)
1. Participates in Firm’s practice development efforts including expanding services to clients.
2. Prepares other reports and engagements as requested from time to time by Supervisors, Managers or Partners.
3. Participates in Mentor Program and serves as new hire buddy when necessary.
4. Participates in community or civic organizations as applicable after first year of employment, with Mentor approval prior to joining.
5. Such other duties as may be assigned.
We serve a broad range of industries such as Franchising, Construction, Manufacturing, Professional Services, and Health Care. We value our people, our clients, innovation, leadership, teamwork, doing what's right, technology, and success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Baton Rouge, LA
REIMBURSEMENT & ADVISORY
HORNE LLP - 13 months ago