Job Duties Include : Supervises Reimbursement Process from beginning to end. Assists Manager with monitoring adherence to policies and procedures, and performing audits as designated Manager. Assists with monitoring and evaluating reimbursement employee productivity and performance to goal. Assists with training new reimbursement employees and conduct ongoing training and skills assessment as necessary. Assists reimbursement staff with any day to day issues and escalating issues when necessary to the Manager. Verifies that all appropriate reimbursement paperwork has been obtained, completed and is accurate prior to billing. Assists Reimbursement Specialists with “first level” reviews/appeals. Completes all “second level” reviews/appeals to payers.
Assures the timely and accurate submission of invoices to the responsible payer for services and products provided. Evaluates payments received for final resolution and application to the patient account. Assures that timely and accurate follow up activity is performed on all invoices that are not paid within 30 days of submission. Develops, monitors, coaches and manages staff, ensuring the development of employees through orientation, training establishing objectives, communication of rules, constructive discipline. Builds employee morale, motivation and loyalty and fosters a team-like environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 2 years of healthcare intake/admissions and/or reimbursement experience.
- Experience in the indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of a team.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Previous Infusion Reimbursement or Intake/Admissions experience.
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...