Org Marketing Statement
Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Corporate Banking, Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory, Investment Management, Wealth Management, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
BBH is an affirmative action, Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
The Relationship Associate (RA ) position supports the Relationship Manager (RM) and works closely with and supports the Sr. RA and Relationship Officer. The RA serves as an additional contact point for high net worth clients. This position coordinates day to day activities of the RM’s client base and ensures that client needs are met. The RA assists with all account maintenance activities and resolves all account related problems. Assists with and learns to prepare client presentation materials.
Relationship Management & Marketing Support
- Coordinate day to day activities of dedicated client base and ensure client needs are being met and that BBH services are properly delivered.
- Serve as first call for all portfolio related questions (e.g., cash availability, money transfers, reporting concerns).
- Support Relationship Managers in preparing for meetings, client visits, including helping to prepare presentations and pitch books
- Facilitate product marketing materials, including coordination with product experts to identify message points and marketing materials/collateral
- Update marketing materials and related pages on the internal and external websites
- Stay up to date and knowledgeable of changing industry initiatives
- Continually update and maintain product sheets and other marketing information and help with preparation of RFPs
Risk Management & Administration
- Implement and execute all core portfolio activities including those related to Core Select, Fixed Income and Cash Management on behalf of the RM.
- Assist with the creation of client meeting materials.
- Assist, in conjunction with Sr. RA and Relationship Officer, with the management of all non strategic decisions (checks, funds transfers, and gifting etc.).
- Interact with 3rd party service providers (e.g., outside custodian, NFC, Schwab, Merrill SPA).
- Interface with the Trust Company regarding distributions and terminations
- Troubleshoot client account issues such as portfolio reporting/activity, client reference data, RM client data requests, assistance with understanding statement or non receipt of mailing
Business & Professional Leadership
- Elevate any and all at risk issues to OM, Sr. RA and/or Relationship Officer.
- Ensure total compliance at the account level and respond to all compliance reports (i.e., overdraft reports, approved trades, delinquent documentation, IPSs).
- Initiate all account maintenance activities, including approvals, documentation, meeting materials and performance evaluations.
- Assist Administrative Assistant (AA) efforts relating to the completion of client requests.
- Ensure client account materials are up to date and accurate (e.g. IPS).
- Help to foster a positive atmosphere within the office and with clients and encourage teamwork and compatibility while supporting goals and objectives of the business.
- Represent professional behavior and etiquette at all times
- Manage self (e.g., time tracking, BSC progress notes and self assessments) in order to develop professionally and personally by utilizing the internal resources at BBH.
- Visibly supports and participates in implementing WMs changes to support the success of the business. Take on additional projects within WM as assigned by the Account Manager
- Keep abreast of internal/external market activity as well as economic and political news.
- Maintain a working knowledge concerning investment management, banking, trust and estate planning, specialized lending services, and overall market trends.
- Bachelors degree; Demonstrated academic interest and achievement as evidenced through strong academic credentials and/or extracurricular activities (pursuit of CFA, club memberships, etc.)
- 1-2 years of relevant experience, ideally in a client facing role
- Strong organizational, and written/oral communication skills
- Proven ability to stay abreast of developments and trends that impact our industry
- Knowledge of BBH Wealth Management products, services, practices and philosophy strongly preferred
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated client service aptitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to analyze complex issues and make sound decisions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, while meeting deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel
- Intellectually curious and systematic in thought processes
- Demonstrated understanding of security markets and security operations
- Understanding of asset management accounting and a working knowledge of external laws and regulations as well as internal policy and compliance guidelines preferred
- Working knowledge of BIDS2000, MCICS, KEYSTONE, Sungard AddVantage, CRM, First Rate preferred
Brown Brothers Harriman - 19 months ago
Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is one of the oldest, largest, and most prestigious private banks in the US. Founded in 1818 and known for its...