Establish, develop and maintain relationships with current and potential members. Increase awareness of Verity and the products and services we offer. Increase membership and services of current members by extensive contact with members in person, by phone and mail, and is to conduct relationships in a manner that will enhance the overall business development effort of the Credit Union. Position requires some business development experience as well, have strong knowledge of the Credit Union’s operational policies and procedures. Provide some operational back-up and support in the branch. Exercise independent judgment in most instances requiring minimum supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Increase penetration in all Verity products and services
- Meet and exceed assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual goals
- Assist with the development and implementation of marketing promotions
- Speak at employee orientations
- Help promote and facilitate Credit Union seminars
- Provide referral assistance for mortgages, investments and financial counseling
- Special marketing projects – contacting segmented members by mail or phone
- Help increase awareness of Verity through flyers, mailings, events, etc.
- Act as personal banker to assist current and potential members
- Interact with and assist members waiting in the teller line
- In-branch sales and marketing activities
- Maintain knowledge of all state and federal regulations that are applicable to the transactions performed
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of Verity’s systems, technology, policies and procedures
- Meet the assigned sales and service standards
- Assume personal and business loan officer duties
- Identify issues of concern and contribute ideas toward the Credit Union vision
- Identifying and capitalizing on members needs
- Increase membership in assigned area
- Enforce strict adherence to established security procedures
- Implement and maintain operational procedures to maximize efficiency and ensure proper documentation
- Promote a sales culture and monitor sales activity
- Assume loan officer duties
- Off-hour events and commitments may be expected
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent . (required)
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, finance, communication, management or 3 to 5 years related experience (highly desirable)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in sales/business development
- Experience in financial industry (highly desirable)
Strong sales, networking and business development skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial data.
- Mental ability to effectively handle irate members or staff.
- Extensive knowledge of financial industry regulations and standards.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- Strong sales tracking and reporting skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Present positive and professional image to staff and members
- Problem solving skills
- Resourcefulness and ability to effectively meet Credit Union goals
Verity Credit Union is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
Effectively communicate with diverse staff, members, and vendors
Sitting or standing for long periods of time
Working on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
Ability to travel within a assigned market
Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.
Verity Credit Union - 23 months ago