Rabobank is a global financial services leader and the premier bank to the food and agriculture industry around the world. Headquartered in the Netherlands, the Rabobank Group is a cooperative organization with over 600 billion Euros (over USD $850 billion), and 60,000 employees serving nine million customers across 40 countries. Additionally, Rabobank ranks as one of the largest banks in the world, and is the highest rated private bank in the world by Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s Investors Service.
Rabobank was founded as a rural credit cooperative by Dutch farmers in the 1890s. A century later, we retain both our cooperative structure and mission: to create value for our customers, employees and communities where we operate. As a privately owned cooperative, we take a long-term view in our client relationships, and reinvest our profits our business and our communities.
Today, Rabobank is an “all finance” provider, with a complete set of financial services for wholesale and retail clients around the world. Throughout our century of growth, we have maintained our focus on food and agriculture, and are recognized around the world as the premier bank to the global agriculture industry — the “financial link in the global food chain” — thanks to our extensive experience, worldwide presence, and deep knowledge of agriculture.
In North America, we provide a full array of corporate banking services to food and agribusiness firms in Canada, the U.S., and Mexico, as well as sophisticated, customer-driven solutions in the capital markets and corporate finance arenas. Our retail bank in California serves individuals and businesses in communities across the state, and our U.S. agricultural lender finances farmers nationwide. Outside the U.S., we help finance farmers in Canada and Mexico via joint ventures in those countries.
Other Rabobank companies in the Americas provide leasing, equipment financing, asset and investment management, and real estate investment and development.
The Relationship Manager (RM) represents Rabobank to new and existing clients to market lending and structured trade finance products and to assist clients’ efforts to build and maintain their business within the solvency, credit and risk profile established by the Bank. The RM will handle accounts that require predominantly reliable sources of senior debt, with a focus on the TCF Agribusiness Sector.
• Understands and has knowledge of credit analysis, laws, policies, procedures and facts relevant to a general lending and marketing professional within Rabobank.
• Effectively represents the Bank in developing and maintaining viable relationships with the desired customer base.
• Presents cost/revenue/solvency worthy, credit risk appropriate business opportunities to the organization for structure, execution and distribution.
• Upon analysis of customer needs, recommends appropriate general lending financial vehicles which enhance customer value.
• Prospects desired client relationships and maintain established client relationships to obtain the mandate to execute/structure financial transactions to support clients’ financial needs. Takes leadership role ensuring successful conclusion of transactions, including as necessary the negotiation and documentation.
• Prospect new relationships and new business opportunities against client target list, primarily in the Food and Agribusiness sector.
• Maintains existing client relationships as necessary
• Works effectively and cooperatively with co-workers and other departments in achieving the Bank’s goals.
• Demonstrates teamwork in facilitating workflow.
• Works effectively with Product Specialists and Department Heads to support the structuring, execution and distribution of deals.
• Communicates all matters of importance to colleagues and clients.
• Has skill in transmitting and receiving information orally and in writing with groups or individuals.
• Influences the undertaking of business worthy deals by verbal and written means to internal counterparts, as well as clients.
• Reports all relevant information to internal counterparts and clients.
• Bachelors Degree in related studies or equivalent work experience.
• Formal credit training program
• At least 10 years of lending experience, including selling traditional lending products as well as cross selling more sophisticated structured trade and commodity finance and corporate finance products.
As a cooperative bank, Rabobank builds long-term relationships with our customers and our employees. We are close financial “partners” to our clients, focused on serving their needs. Our culture is one of collaboration and teamwork, with strong commitment to fostering sustainable employee-bank relationships.
Rabobank New York Branch offers a comprehensive benefits program that is among the finest in the industry featuring: Medical/Dental/Vision Plans; Defined Contribution (401k) Plan With Employer Match; Paid Vacation based on position and length of service; Life and Disability Insurance; Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Plans; Transportation Reimbursement Incentive Plan; Educational Assistance Program. Also offering Portable Voluntary Benefits including Pet Insurance; Automobile and Homeowner’s Insurance; Cancer Protection Plan; Legal Insurance Plan; Optional Life and Disability Insurance.
Rabobank Group has its roots deep in Dutch soil. Founded as a cooperative of Dutch agricultural banks in 1898, the company has some 140...