**The position will be filled with a Relayman 3rd Class.**
Working within Entergy's Safety Rules, perform routine and emergency maintenance on substation protective relaying and control equipment, as well as installation of new equipment.
Perform substation switching, relay and transducer calibration, functional testing, AC testing, CT testing, and RTU programming.
Perform the duties required to install, operate, and maintain all types of protective and auxiliary relays and associated equipment in switching stations, substations, and customers' installations.
Inspect, clean, test and make adjustments to all types of relays.
Remove or replace all types of relays, communication devices, metering devices, supervisory control devices and associated equipment.
Trouble-shoot, make repairs and modifications involving the replacement, addition, or substitution of parts.
Operate special testing equipment.
***Please submit a detailed resume in your application.***
- Must have two (2)year Associates Degree specializing in electronics, instrumentation, computers, or engineering AND at least two(2) years of equivalent work/training experience in a related field.
- Understanding of protective relaying concepts and AC and DC power systems.
- Able to read and understand electrical one-line, schematic and wiring diagrams, technical manuals and instruction books.
- Knowledgeable with electronics, computer logic, microprocessors and programmable computer logic.
- Must be able to use MS Office and Outlook applications.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and current computer applications specific to position
- Completion of the necessary training modules as set forth by the Safety and Training department.
- Must reside within 30 miles of assigned location.
- Must be available for 24 hour call out and extended hours as necessary.
- Must have valid LA driver's license and good driving record required.
- Ability to perform core duties of the job.
- Must have or be able to obtain a TWIC card.
Experience in relay maintenance and installation preferred.
Self-motivated and dependable team player
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Successful completion of the EEI TECH test.
**Candidates selected to take the TECH Test will be invited via e-mail. You may need to check your spam email.
***If you are TECH Recommended, please note it on your resume.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company.