Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. We are proud to have been named by Washington CEO Magazine as one of the TOP THREE companies to work for in the entire state of Washington !
Description of position
The Release Analyst manages and orchestrates the cross-organizational efforts required to introduce applications, infrastructure and middleware changes into the production environment. The Release Analyst is responsible for ensuring all capabilitie s required to package changes for delivery to users are in place, while maintaining the integrity and availability of the existing system. The Release Analyst is responsible for setting and communicating release expectations across all involved teams and impacted users.
Tasks and responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certification
- Manage and orchestrate release and deployment activities across functional teams which may include Business Relations, Development, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Change Management, and Service Desk to ensure awareness, successful operational handoffs, deployment and acceptance of releases.
- Development and stewardship of the Release Management process, along with establishing specific policies to govern the process. Champion, adhere, and contribute improvements to the release process that support quality releases and minimize risk to the production environment.
- Establish and communicate release expectations, release activity progress and provide reports across all involved teams.
- Identification of critical success factors and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure and report on release quality.
- Create required release documentation that supports the release through its lifecycle, including a back out strategy.
- Manage and control issues and risks for the duration of the release cycle to ensure a well-organized and successful deployment.
- Track to ensure artifacts required for production deployment are in place.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills as well as a positive attitude.
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have excellent organizational and planning skills, with experience building tactical plans.
- Must have experience in negotiating timelines and deliverables with a strong sense of urgency.
- Must possess strong process knowledge of System Development Life Cycles.
- Flexible, must be able to change priorities quickly, focus on new ones without distraction, able to deal with conflict and work under pressure to meet deliverable dates / timelines.
- 24 x 7 x 365 operations - evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required.
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- 4 - 6 years experience in IT; BA/BS degree in computer science or related technical field is preferred.
- ITIL V3.0 Certification
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
Costco Wholesale - 20 months ago
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...