You are excited by massively complex systems and the challenges that come from working distributed computing environments. You'll work with developers, QA, and product managers to design and develop repeatable build, release and production push processes to ensure that we delivery a quality service to our production environments.
- Design, document and code an automated integration/build/test and release process.
- Device process for bringing open source components and systems into the release process and produce a quality release of these components with our infrastructure.
- Manage release branches.
- Build and sanity test release binaries.
- Maintain the build process to support ongoing R&D.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years experience in software engineering, release engineering and/or configuration management.
- Hands-on and direct experience with configuration management like Maven,, Git, and Jenkins.
- Proficient coding experience in languages like Java, Ruby and scripting with Chef.
- Experience with build management tools (for example: maven).
- Experience building Java and Ruby applications and deploying to complex infrastructure
- Knowledge of Linux system administration
Key Attractions of the Role
Altiscale offers the first cloud service that is purpose-built to run Apache Hadoop. Altiscale's optimized infrastructure is faster, more reliable, easier to use, and more affordable than alternatives. Without the distractions of Hadoop operations, and with access to practically unlimited resources, Altiscale customers can drive more business value from Hadoop than ever before. Altiscale's founding team has been at the forefront of Apache Hadoop, from its incubation at Yahoo! to the operation of more than 40,000 Hadoop nodes. Altiscale is backed by General Catalyst Partners and Sequoia Capital.