As a Release Engineer you will primarily be focused on multiple products as part of our cloud computing efforts. In this role, you will interact with cloud engineering teams including development, quality assurance, and program management. This includes not only Linux based environments, but may also include Windows and other environments. You will be expected to learn how to build in the Red Hat build system, manage content through RPMs, manage the build process through Bugzilla and Errata, and deliver through our RHN and CDN environments.
The Release Engineering team is made up of people with varying responsibilities to ensure that the release process is followed. This position supports various teams including engineering throughout the release process and is responsible for automating commonly utilized processes and procedures.
Primary job responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting the platform, middleware, storage, virtualization, and cloud efforts
- Reliably and repeatedly build and deliver products and solutions
- Manage all process, configuration and tooling related to the release of a product
- Contribute to a global team that is capable of near continuous support of all release engineering products and services
Additional proficiencies that are considered a plus:
- Day-to-day Linux system administration skills
- Use of RPM, kickstart, mock, and yum repositories
- Shell, Python, Ruby or other script development experience
- SCM Experience such as cvs, svn or git
- Continuous build experience such as Jenkins, Hudson, CruiseControl
- Build issue triage including compiler issues, environment issues, and test case issues
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience as a software engineer
- Experience with cloud and virtualization platforms such as Amazon's EC2, Rackspace, VMWare, RHEV, KVM
- Experience working with physical, virtual machine, and chroot build environments
- Experience with task management tools such as Redmine, JIRA, LibrePlan
- Familiarity with fluid documentation technologies such as Wikis
- Experience with bug management tools such as Bugzilla
- Experience working on a global team and supporting global services
- Experience interacting with open source communities
- Experience with alternate operating system environments such as Solaris, HPUX, or Windows
Red Hat doffs its cap to businesses that embrace open-source computing tools. The company dominates the market for Linux, the open-source...