WhiteHat Security is the industry leader in Web (or application) security, with an impressive client list of Fortune 500 companies. While most companies are diligent in protecting their networks, websites have emerged as the number one target for attacks. Website attacks can be catastrophic to a company and WhiteHat helps clients mitigate risks before they can be exploited. Founded in 2001 by Jeremiah Grossman – a former Yahoo! Information Security Officer and application security pioneer, WhiteHat combines a revolutionary, cloud-based technology platform with an extraordinary team of the best application security experts in the business (our team includes super talented folks from the likes of Google, Yahoo!, HP and BigFix (IBM) to name just a few.) This incredible combination of resources enables our customers in key verticals including e-commerce, financial services, information technology, and healthcare, to prevent damaging hacker attacks.
Not only are our products and technology leading the industry, but we have a thriving culture and impressive team that collectively make WhiteHat an exceptional place to work. If you are seeking a leading edge technology company where you can make a tremendous impact and build your career in meaningful ways, take a look at us! We'd love the opportunity to get to know you.
We’re an Agile shop and we pride ourselves in building quality software while adhering to an aggressive release schedule. In order to meet this schedule, we need a talented team of release engineers to design and support our software deployment to the WhiteHat cloud. The ideal candidates for this role should have a solid understanding of release processes, familiarity with continuous integration/deployment, and have demonstrated success release teams in the past. Tell us about the role you’ve played in release teams in the past and the processes, policies, and tools you implemented to get software delivered efficiently and reliably.
In this role, you would report directly to WhiteHat’s Release Manager where you will help with the deployment of WhiteHat products into production environments. Additionally, your responsibilities will include source code management, ensuring source code integrity, maintaining software builds, as well as implementing and enforcing best practices in release management. In this role it is equally important to be a team player as it is to be able to work independently once given direction.
To all recruitment agencies: WhiteHat Security does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WhiteHat employees or any other company location. WhiteHat is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Must have a minimum of a BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 3+ years in software build & release experience
- You have to love what you do. We’re looking for people that are eager to innovate and learn
- Command line Unix or Linux experience is a must
- Experience with SCM tools, i.e. CVS, SVN, ClearCase, Perforce, etc., is preferred
- Experience with maintaining daily builds.
- Experience with one or more build construction tools (GNU Make, SCons, Ant, Maven, etc.).
- Experience with build and release automation with one or more scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Python, etc.).
- Experience with supporting non-traditional office hours for production deployment.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development processes.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with defect and project tracking tools such as JIRA (or comparable).
- Understanding of what it takes to provide high service availability with a 24x7 operations model is preferred.
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Hudson or Jenkins , is a plus.
Submit Your Resume › ›