The Release Team performs software upgrades to customer databases on WideOrbit products working directly with client's IT staff by email, phone, via web based meetings and occasionally in person. The Release Engineer will apply a set of SQL upgrade scripts provided in an upgrade package as well as apply manual scripts. The release department works in a fast paced and time sensitive environment responding to requests and troubleshooting technical difficulties to insure the accurate completion of upgrades. The Release Engineer should be an innovative person who reassesses current tools and explores new technology and methods to improve the processes and deployment surrounding the upgrade deliveries. Providing information and procedural documentation to both external and internal customers is also critical.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
• Candidate should have a well-rounded IT background, with working knowledge of the following:
Windows Server environments
Networking, IP addressing and subnets
VPN and other remote access tools
Microsoft SQL database management and scripting is preferred
• HTML experience is plus.
• Willingness to work nights/weekends when necessary (these can be worked from home) and travel up to 10%.
• Ability to make decisions and react quickly in order to respond to critical issue resolution.
• Ability to handle multiple, evolving situations at the same time is essential.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be detailed oriented, have good organizational skills and be personally accountable.
This position will be based in our San Francisco office.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a competitive salary and great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks:
Health insurance, options, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, snacks and coffee in the café, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
WideOrbit - 30+ days ago