Use your test planning, customer interaction, and release management skills to facilitate software testing and release to customers. In this role you will be part of ensuring high quality releases of software products and solutions.
- Manage the software release process for a variety of custom projects
- Work closely with product development teams to identify, prioritize, and ensure key issues are fixed for a release
- Develop early release definition and scope negotiation
- Prepare test plans and procedures
- Establish release schedules, tracking, and control procedures
- Maintain release notes and installation documentation
- Support and provide management with metrics,
reports, and schedules as necessary
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, GIS, information technology, or a related field, depending on position level
- Two or more years of experience supporting software development as a release manager, configuration manager, software release engineer, or similar role
- Good project management skills
- Demonstrated success as a self-starter
- Successful development and implementation of release plans within a software development organization
- Knowledge of software architecture and deployment best practices
- Strong problem-solving skills using a methodical approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A keen attention to detail and drive to resolve any issues encountered
- Experience with or knowledge of GIS-related technologies
- Hands-on experience deploying enterprise web applications
- Experience with work management tracking systems such as Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at www.esri.com/careers . Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workforce.
Esri helps organizations map and model our world. Esri’s GIS technology enables them to effectively analyze and manage their...