We are currently seeking a Release Manager who will be responsible for the coordination and transfer of software and configuration settings from development, through testing, and into the production / release environment. The Release Manager works with Project Managers and Product Managers to construct and manage an overall release schedule supporting both waterfall and agile methods. This role combines a strategic focus with tactical oversight to ensure the Release Process is followed and that service delivery is provided with consistent high quality. The Release Manager also acts as a process improvement champion and change agent for customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Orchestrate scheduled and on-demand software deployment during business hours and off-hours to multiple environments.
• Communicate status during deployments to stakeholders, team members, and management.
• Coordinate cross-team activities in support of code releases and product launches.
• Act as incident manager for application related incidents
• Document and manage requirements for selected technology projects and improve the overall process to achieve reproducible results that exceed expectations
• Use the internal wiki and bug tracking system as release management tools to provide visibility and traceability in the release process
• Educate current and prospective internal customers on release process requirements
• Ensure advanced communication of scheduled releases to all stakeholders
• Develop and provide process improvement recommendations, not only for Software Release and Configuration Management, but also for testing and related processes within the SDLC.
• Respond to and resolve issues as raised by Release team members or customers.
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
• Bachelors Degree in computer science or IS, preferred with 6 years of project management experience
• Ability to thrive in a fluid environment, where both long-term planning and short term releases must be balanced
• Ability to bring in industry best practices on release management
• 5-7 years of experience in IT Lead roles, such as Release Manager, Quality Manager, Project Manager or Technical Lead.
• Prior experience with developing and implementing process improvements, particularly in the Change and Release Management domain.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• Experience managing resources across horizontal work teams.
• Excellent project leadership skills with the ability to prioritize multiple requests and manage multiple tasks.
• Strong leadership, organizational, prioritization and interpersonal skills, in combination with effective teamwork ability
• Ability to work within a diverse, performance-based team environment.
• Ability to work independently, multitask and focus on critical path deliverables.
• Ability to lead meetings and communicate course of action.
• Experience working with Infrastructure upgrades (network, mainframe software, hardware/server upgrade, etc.) a plus.
• Familiarity with Git, Jira, and Confluence a plus
• Must be able to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
What we’ll bring to the table:
• 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• 25 cent vending machines
• Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor - 6 months ago
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...