Reliability Engineer New Grad
Full-Time — San Francisco, CA
Twitter is looking for new grad engineers to work on some of the most interesting technical challenges in the industry today. These range from working with our engineering teams to improve the reliability and performance of our services to being involved in design and building the next generation of application and system infrastructure stack. You'll also have the opportunity to work on operating the systems that will be seen and used by millions of people around the globe. Not only will you make a visible and immediate impact on our dynamic ecosystem, you will work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry and thrive in a culture that always puts users first. You should love finding simple solutions to complex problems, and care about not only the technical and operational aspects of large systems, but the way they enable other teams to do their jobs. You should have previous experience with system administration, web infrastructure, system engineering or software engineering.
- Write scripts to monitor and automate process
- Understand the application stack to be able to support engineering and do troubleshooting across the whole stack
- Work closely with engineering and operation groups to design, build and maintain systems, application and infrastructure
- Work in a team-oriented environment
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies
- Take part in a 24x7 oncall rotation
Qualifications & Desired Skills
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Extensive system administration coursework
- Knowledge of Internet fundamentals. (e.g. RFCs, DNS architecture, best practices,
- security, etc.)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, security, storage and databases
- Interest in distributed systems and high availability architecture
- Programming skills in one or more of: C, Java, Python, Ruby
- Internship or other experience administering large-scale UNIX installations (ISP background a plus)
- Demonstrated involvement in system and operations
- Previous success in a performance-critical environment is a plus
- Practical knowledge and experience with Linux/Unix/BSD
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Active user of Twitter
- Please specify 'University Recruiting' under source, and enter the name of the University you are attending.
- Please attach a copy of your unofficial transcript (under 'add an attachment').
- Feel free to attach sample code and note if you’ve already done some work with our API
- Know someone at Twitter or a professor who can vouch for your work/research? Please note their name(s) in the space provided for the cover letter.
Here's less than 140 characters for ya: trivial texts or not, every one's all a-twitter about tweeting. Twitter operates a free...