Require motivated and well organized individual to provide mechanical and environmental reliability support for products. Basic electrical engineering knowledge will be a plus.
Summary of essential job functions
Develop and review reliability evaluation plans, test matrices and test procedures for client electronic, electrical, electromechanical, and other products
Develop and review reliability specifications based on user environment, technology, product architecture, design goals and historical data.
Manage reliability testing to ensure methodology, procedure and data analysis
Create risk analysis, test reports and presentations.
Perform and provide input on Root Cause Identification, Failure Mode Effect Analysis, simulating failures using CAD models
Procure/design test fixtures
Work with product design engineers and reliability analysts to improve product reliability.
Minimum requirements, (Education, Experience, Specific skills)
Masters degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field
Five year of experience as a Reliability Engineer or related occupation performing reliability engineering of electronics and or electrical products.
More specifically knowledge and hands on experience in five of the following areas:
- Develop acceleration factors for failure mechanism
- Perform system to component level stress correlation
- Relate modeling to test via acceleration models
- apply commonly used acceleration models and limitations
- Create and analyzing Finite Element Models (FEM)
- Perform simulations for vibration and drop
- Analyze failure mode and failure mechanisms
- Evaluate mechanical design to implement mechanical tests
- Failure analysis utilizing tools including XRay and Scanning Electron Microscopic (SEM).
Cascade Engineering Services - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard