As a Reliability Engineer at AnchorFree, Inc. you will be working with our engineering team to improve the reliability and performance of our products. You will be deeply involved with the design process, and build the next generation of web applications and systems infrastructure. This individual will be responsible for monitoring connectivity, latency and throughput as well as improve reliability of AnchorFree’s services.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with engineering groups to design, build, and maintain systems.
- Write scripts to monitor and automate processes.
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack - hardware, software, applications and network.
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
- Experience in operations of a large-scale Internet service.
- 4+ years of experience with Linux/Windows/Mac.
- Familiarity with systems management tools like Puppet, Nagios, Monstat.
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, security, and memcached.
- Practical knowledge of shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl).
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Track record of practical problem solving, excellent communication, and documentation skills.
- Experience building fault tolerant, scalable systems
- Experience automating systems administration tasks
- Experience with existing open source projects such as Apache, Hadoop, MySQL, Scribe, Zookeeper, etc
- B.S. in computer science
- Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent employee stock option plan
- Relocation assistance available
- Free food and drinks
- Foosball, Small gym and showers, Pool table, Table Tennis
- FREE Medical, Dental and Vision
- Easy Access to Caltrain and Light Rail (free pass)
- New Laptop (mac or pc) and Monitor
- Employee discounts on HP, Apple and Verizon
AnchorFree - 18 months ago