Dow is currently seeking a Reliability Engineer for its Deer Park, Texas location.
The Reliability Engineer facilitates development of the business / facility maintenance strategy, and solves reliability and availability losses through application of reliability technology and tools to enable the plant to meet its business plan and strategy and therefore the customer’s need. This result is achieved by focusing on those opportunities that over a long-term period or historically has impacted the plant’s measured asset capability and the opportunities identified as "high-risk" in risk assessments, reliability models, etc.
- Focuses on reliability issues and not fire fighting (day to day) issues.
- Achieves Asset Mechanical Reliability (AMR) business objectives and assists businesses in meeting Asset Capability (AC) objectives.
- Participates in the facilitation and implementation of the Global Root Cause Investigation (RCI) process; serves as local Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the application of the cause and effect methodology in all areas where reliability opportunities are identified and where the RCI triggers for reliability are met. Validates RCI solutions/ corrective actions and assesses their effectiveness for preventing recurrence.
- Work with the run plant and improvement engineers to eliminate unplanned events impacting asset capability.
- Evaluates and communicates solutions for developing/leveraging as Most Effective Technology (MET)
- Develops and maintains a model of the unit operations, equipment, process, etc. that identifies the value of opportunities for improvement. Identifies gaps between facility strategy, reliability model, and existing plant performance to provide input to the facility opportunity list.
- Documents the facility opportunity list. Establishes value for the reliability opportunities, utilizing facility asset utilization and maintenance costs data.
- Determines the proper work process to address the reliability opportunities on the facility opportunity list. Follows through with the appropriate parties to ensure effective hand-off and provides reliability input to the process.
- Evaluates and quantifies the impact projects such as equipment reconfigurations, design changes, equipment quality, operating discipline, Planned & predictive Maintenance (PPM) strategies, etc will have on ability to meet business needs
- Evaluates effectiveness of the PPM program by showing quantitatively the impact of failures and PPM.
- Provides reliability input to Global Project Methodology (GPM) activities.
- Uses reliability engineering principles and tools (such as Weibull, Root Cause Analysis) to improve Asset Reliability and long term cost of ownership of the facility.
- Participates in Facility Assessments and efforts to implement corrective action, which maintain or improve plant condition.
- Applies long term cost of ownership and reliability engineering principles in conjunction with the discipline teams and technical resource networks to design reliability into our purchasing requirements. Provides equipment reliability and performance data to the technical resource networks for evaluation of equipment performance and vendor performance.
- Uses long term cost of ownership and reliability engineering principles to define spare parts strategy. Consults, as needed, with Maintenance Leader and PPM Coordinator to establish spare part program.
- Develops and implements operating discipline that will improve reliability.
- Participates in reliability network activities (site and/or business as appropriate).
- Provide input relative to all applicable engineering codes and standards and ensures compliance with all regulatory and safety regulations and guidelines.
- Work closely with other Operations & Maintenance personnel to provide engineering support and consultation on an ongoing basis.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Leader
B.S. in Engineering
5+ years experience in chemical plant or refinery environment preferred.
DOW - 30+ days ago
Dow (NYSE: DOW) is a diversified chemical company that harnesses the power of innovation, science and technology to constantly improve what...