- Technical leadership position with responsibilities in developing passive device reliability models and test methodologies, support customer enablement, & technology development within Alliance and GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fabs that includes Early Reliability Assessment (ERA), pre-Qual and Qualification efforts. Work collaboratively with process integration and device engineering for process technology bring-up and for developing reliable technology solutions for various planar and non-planar device options. The position is located in Malta, New York.
· Develop Reliability model and test methodologies in the area of Passive Device Reliability, including BEOL capacitors (MCAP, VNCAP, etc..) Vertical PNP transistors, precision resistors, and eFuse in advanced planar and non-planar technologies to address GLOBALFOUNDRIES technology reliability requirements. Function as the technical lead and mechanism owner for assigned reliability mechanism with all-round ownership.
· Work with device teams to define test structures on test sites and shuttles to support methodology development and qualification.
· Identify and work to resolve reliability challenges on existing and future technologies. Function may also include expansion of responsibilities into new mechanisms which have not been traditionally reliability limiters.
· Responsible with engaging with integration, device and process development teams to provide reliability learning and quick-turn feedback using the inline screening tests and wafer level reliability characterization tools, hence favorably influencing technology development to deliver reliable technologies.
· Engage with Alliance partners in JDA to enable technology development through supporting early Reliability assessment, pre-Qual and Qualification efforts. Transfer methodologies and implement them in GLOBALFOUNDRIES fabs to enable ERA and Qualification activities.
· Define Reliability specifications and Reliability-related Design rules in GF Design Manuals. Provide support for design tool implementation and enhance circuit level predictability for passive device reliability mechanisms.
· Engage with our customers as needed for Design enablement through reliability.
· Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or related technical fields with 8 years expereince; Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or related technical fields with 7 years experience; or Ph D in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or related technical fields with 5 years experience.
· Minimum of 10 years of industry and/or research experience.
· Sound technical understanding of reliability physics and mechanisms on state-of-the-art technologies (sub 32nm), including BEOL and FEOL.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work well within a global matrixed team or environment.
· Ph.D. with a minimum of 15 year of Industry experience in wafer level Reliability.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com .
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 21 months ago