Job Description Conducts failure and Event analyses on equipment and systems; reduce maintenance costs and deterioration losses in critical and essential production equipment and major utility systems supporting Industrial Operations and Research and Development at the Athens, Ga Site. The engineer will provide current knowledge of predictive, analytical, and compliance technologies and apply these techniques to our business practices. The introduction and adaptation of concepts such as TPM and RCM will maximize our Predictive and Preventive maintenance programs.
Adjusts maintenance tasks and scheduling
The reliability engineer champions continuous improvement, fosters relationships between the plant functions to focus on total quality, trains employees on reliability processes, trains supervision on the impact that the operators and technicians have on reliability, provides reliability and maintainability specifications for new procurements, is involved in developing support plans for new equipment, reviews completed work orders, assists planners with reliability concerns, promotes preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Identifies and determines the use of predictive maintenance technologies
- Assists in setting required training and standards
- Reviews maintenance and installation plans for new equipment
- Monitors equipment trends
- Conducts root cause failure analysis (RCFA)
- Apply their knowledge in methods and processes to prevent, or reduce, the likelihood or frequency of failures in a system.
- Use their knowledge gained from Failure Analysis to determine core failure mechanisms and their intrinsic activation energy, useful for predictive modeling.
- Apply the techniques not only of FA, but Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) and their variants.
- Determine the reliability characteristic of new systems
- Use statistics and probability to determine the reliability characteristics of existing systems
Identifies critical equipment and develops reliability strategies for this equipment based on FMEA.
Performs Life Cycle Analysis on new and existing equipment and link to LRMP strategies
- Reviews equipment specs/designs to ensure new equipment can meet reliability objectives.
- Carries out life cycle cost analyses to determine most cost effective strategy/option.
To all recruitment firms: Merial does not accept agency/search firm referrals for this posting, or other postings, without prior written permission from Merial Human Resources. Merial is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Due to tracking regulations, only resumes submitted directly via OneMERIAL for internal employees, and Merial.com/Careers for external applicants, can be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V Qualifications Bachelor's degree in Engineering and at least 5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expert knowledge of reliability principles
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Previous project management experience preferred
Genzyme - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard