Uses engineering principles to accurately scope jobs and plan maintenance work to increase overall equipment reliability. Investigate the feasibility of redesigning systems where we are having re-occurring equipment problems. Assist the failure analysis effort by helping implement corrective actions that are needed to prevent reoccurrence of equipment failure.
Part II – Job Functions
- Work with Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Specialist to get proper level of feedback from them for completed jobs.
- Define scope, cost and engineering needed for all down-day jobs.
- Generate accurate work orders for all daily jobs and detailed scope for 75% of daily jobs.
- Determine if skills are available in-house, maximize use of GPI personnel.
- Work with Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Specialist to gain concurrence of plan details (manpower, tools, special considerations, etc.).
- Visit job locations and gather first hand data when developing estimates. Ensure plans accurately reflect scope needed.
- Assist efforts to improve SAP database by updating BOM’s on equipment. Should ensure that BOM’s are completed on all repetitive jobs.
- Utilize SAP for the creation of task list to assist in job planning.
- Lead the development and institutionalization of weekly, monthly and annual preventative maintenance.
- Provide accurate and detailed information to contractors and ensure they provide accurate and cost effective estimates.
- Maintain professional working relationships with core suppliers that GPI’s interest are protected.
- Ensure store items are here and reserved for scheduled work.
- Generate requisitions for items that are nor store items.
- Coordinate clearly with Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Specialist the status of parts to facilitate their daily scheduling.
- Utilize predictive data (vibration reports, oil analysis, etc.) to set priority for outage work.
- Lead outage planning meetings, ensure meetings are held beginning two (2) weeks in advance and proper persons are notified.
- Ensure bar charts are published and updated one week before outage.
- Lead monthly outage update meetings (on outage day).
Part III – Job Specifications
- Engineering degree preferred.
- Complete understanding of electrical and mechanical maintenance required.
- Exceptional project management skills are essential.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office and database programs.
- Self-starter, good people skills, strong personal leadership, organizational skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
Graphic Packaging - 23 months ago
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...