Date Posted: 08/13/2012
Hiring Manager: Matt Helms
Location: Bloomsdale, MO
Position Responsibilities (key duties, scope of position, goals, expectations, skill requirements, travel requirements):
- The Reliability Engineer will work closely with equipment suppliers, plant staff and Process Area Teams to ensure successful operation of the plant.
- Responsible for monitoring reliability based systems including preventative maintenance systems, vibration analysis and condition monitoring.
- Participate in the creation of preventative maintenance routines (PMRs) and bill of materials (BOMs) for plant equipment
- Management of the preventive/predictive maintenance programs (Inspection, Vibration, Oil Analysis, NDT, thermography, etc.) to ensure optimum equipment availability.
- Responsible for the preventative maintenance work order system with coordinated execution of the area operations and central maintenance teams.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and direction for reliability team and plant area teams in a manner consistent with Our Values and Ste. Genevieve Belief Statement and Commitments.
- Support, demonstrate, and facilitate the concepts of development and involvement of employees, continuous learning and continuous improvement in a values based high performance organization.
- Accountable for providing leadership, development and coaching on individual performance to direct reports to achieve business results.
- Analysis and elimination of repetitive problems through root cause analysis, Pareto analysis, statistical review, FMEA and similar techniques.
- Responsible for the facilitation of continuous improvement processes around equipment availability and reliability.
- Support and guide sustainable improvements in MTBF of major equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor´s degree in mechanical engineering preferred or equivalent experience
Position Dimensions (i.e., communication skills, planning, teamwork, technical knowledge, leadership, initiative):
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Effective communication and presentation skills: the ability to explain technical information to non-technical people
- Solid decision making skills and independent judgment required
- Adaptable to change; to take an innovative approach towards problem solving; self-starting
- Ability to follow up on critical assignments and monitor information to ensure data integrity
- Solid technical and professional knowledge
Other Related Experiences Required or Preferred:
- Demonstrated experience in heavy industrial maintenance (3-5 years or more) required
- Knowledge of the cement manufacturing process would be a benefit. Three to five years mechanical and/or electrical maintenance experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up reliability systems in heavy industry required
- Experience in analysis of vibration spectra on a range of heavy industrial plant required
- Experience in practical application of FMEA, NDT inspection techniques preferred
- Working knowledge of instrumentation, process controls, motors, starters and VFD´s an advantage
- Comprehensive computer software knowledge required including; Excel, Word, Project, Autocad, PowerPoint, etc is required
- Experience with SAP is desired.
To be considered for this position, qualified candidates can submit their resume on-line at http://www.recruitingsite.com/csbsites/holcim/en/JobDescription.asp?SuperCategoryCode=15218&JobNumber=685377
There's nothing abstract about the concrete made by Holcim (US). The American arm of Swiss building products giant Holcim Ltd., it produces,...