Company: Leading producer of inorganic minerals
Position: Reliability Engineer (KH/JS-171-13)
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Location: Salt Lake City, UT (Area)
Compensation: (Commensurate with Experience)
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Relocation and Retirement Package
The basic function of this role within the MAINTENANCE EXCELLENCE PROCESS is to drive reliability improvements. This involves insuring required data is being captured in CMMS or other designated systems, driving Root Cause Analysis, establishing and communicating a Top 10 list, and drives the implementation of cost effective improvements through expense or capital projects as well as driving improvement of operating or maintenance disciplines. The engineer will actively participate in Capital projects to ensure reliable equipment is installed that can efficiently be maintained. Furthermore, this role monitors existing PM/PdM programs and monitors other historical trends or KPI’s for early identification and resolution of reliability issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Asset Registry Management – Identify all physical equipment assets required to meet business objectives. Organize the Asset Registry into a logical hierarchy consistent with the plant Value Stream Map, and establish capacity expectations. Develop a taxonomy naming convention for categorizing all equipment and components. Establish a risk and criticality ranking system to prioritize reliability improvement initiatives.
- Maintenance & Reliability Program Development – Utilize rigorous processes such as Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) to identify equipment specific failure modes. Develop Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) strategies to manage or mitigate failure consequences. Provide periodic audits to assure that the program ads value and remains current with operational needs.
- PM & PdM Program Management – Identify all tools, technologies, and talents required for effective execution of the PM & PdM programs. Acquire capital and expense funding necessary to procure the required tools and technologies. Develop and oversee the training programs necessary to assure PM & PdM technician competence. Manage the collection and analysis of equipment condition data to assure compliance with the PM & PdM master schedule. Document Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) work orders and interface with the Maintenance Planners to assure corrective action are made in a timely manner.
- Reliability Continuous Improvement – Establish equipment performance data analysis systems such as FRACAS (Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System) to identify potential improvement opportunities. Manage the action item registry to assure timely implementation of corrective actions. Modify the Maintenance and Reliability Program to mitigate the consequences of newly identified failure modes.
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) – Oversee and facilitate the RCA process to identify optimal solutions to physical asset reliability and performance problems. Manage the action item registry to assure timely implementation of corrective actions.
- Precision Maintenance – Interface with the Maintenance groups to assure quality equipment installations. Develop precision installation and maintenance policies and procedures. Provide training and field direction on precision maintenance practices such as alignment, balancing, and lubrication cleanliness control, etc. Interface with Production and Maintenance Management in the evaluation of data historians for the development of a Top Ten list. Participate in the implementation of corrective actions that will provide the most cost effective solutions. Manage capital projects for the replacement of obsolete production equipment.
- Completion of scheduled PM & PdM work orders are 80% compliant with the master schedule.
- Evaluate condition data and generate condition based maintenance work orders. Interface with Maintenance Planning to assure timely corrective action.
- Monitor asset health by trending the percentage of defect free equipment by plant and area.
- Assure that Reliability Continuous Improvement action items (FRACAS & RCA) receive timely corrective actions.
- Assist the employee development process by providing training programs on precision maintenance practices.
A combination of technical skills in disciplines such as: material handling/conveying, power transmission hydraulic/pneumatic actuation, compressible flow, heat transfer, rotating equipment balance/alignment, vibration diagnostics, lubrication technology, slurry applications, equipment structural support, equipment foundations, mass and energy balances, equipment sizing and application, fabrication drawing prep and interpretation and construction drawing prep and interpretation.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, preferably mechanical engineering. Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) preferred. Expertise and/or education in mechanical design, scheduling and cost estimating desirable. Skills and knowledge necessary in this position requires an accredited engineering degree (Master preferred) in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical engineering in addition to at least five years related experience preferably in heavy industrial production industry. Computer proficiency with Excel, Word, CMMS, and condition monitoring systems is required. Must have effective and verifiable leadership skills dealing with a diverse work force.
Qualified candidates email resume in MSWord to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be PC proficient and possess the ability to quickly master required computer skills required to function within the Engineering group.
- Must be proficient in Windows7, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD.
About The River Group
Resumes presented to The River Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate
authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
After your resume is submitted to the company you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers and managing the negotiations.
Monster - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard