Position is the primary point of contact for residential and small commercial customers who contact the Customer Care Center by phone, fax, Internet, or mail. The CCR is responsible for interacting with customers and responding to their complaints, inquiries, and requests in a professional and courteous manner. There are openings for both Bilingual and English Representatives!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in sales of products and services. Actively promote the company and the value of its products and services.
- Interact with customers, issue orders, and analyze accounts to resolve billing inquiries, negotiate payment options/deposits and provide customers with assistance in obtaining various company products and services.
- Interface with a wide variety of people both internally and externally in a diplomatic manner.
- Effectively utilize resources, i.e. computer systems, software programs and phone equipment.
- Consistently apply knowledge required to perform technical and procedural aspects of the position.
- Diffuse customer escalations (customer save skills).
- 2+ years of experience working directly with customers in a problem solving or sales capacity in a call center environment.
- Bilingual Representative must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- Professional office environment with the majority of work performed on a personal computer in a seated position.
- Must be willing to submit a clear background check and drug screen.
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday 7am – 7pm 40 hours a week. Could be 8 hour or 10 hour shift
- Must be available to work overtime
- 10 weeks of paid training at an hourly rate of $11.05 ( Will be Mon-Fri 8-5pm)
- Pay rate will increase after successful completion of training to range from $12.75 to $13.77
- Must have access to reliable transportation to the downtown Houston area.
- Demonstrated ability of good customer service skills and up-selling/cross-selling products.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication skills including excellent listening skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to use good judgment to make decisions.
- PC Skills – Excellent PC skills required with ability to type 30 words per minute. Must be able to type and talk simultaneously. Strong understanding of Microsoft Office software.
- Basic math skills and analytical ability necessary to respond to billing inquiries.