Linux Engineer - Remote
Our client is an established hosted solutions company located south of Boston. Right now, they are looking for a Senior Linux Engineer. All of the work can be done remotely. This engineer must be able to troubleshoot problems, interface with customers and other departments in a large corporate environment. Individual must be able to work independently and as a team member on projects with many challenges. Individual will also need to be self-motivated and have the ability to work with limited supervision.
They should have the ability to effectively prioritize workload, consistently deliver assignments on-time and produce high quality deliverables. They should have the ability to write technical documentation and have superior interpersonal and communication skills.
The engineer must have a strong understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, networking, VPN, and VMWare. Shell scripting, Perl and Python programming are also important aspects to the position.
- Maintain and support the Linux infrastructure.
- Installing, troubleshooting and maintaining Linux operating systems. Maintenance of software build systems.
- Setting up VPN connectivity with customer sites at hospitals all over the world.
- Experience with the Perl programming language.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience with bash, ksh, or other scripting languages.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of internet technologies, including HTTP, DNS.
- SYstems administration experience with Linux and Windows server systems.
Longford & Company is a premier solutions based provider of recruiting and consulting services for technology based projects. Our goal is to connect talented professionals with innovative and exciting firms to create human capital solutions in order to meet today's business challenges. The Longford team has decades of technical staffing and consulting experience offering contract, contract to hire, and direct hire services. We take pride in providing "Best in Class" service for our clients and consultants.
- Experience monitoring virtualization technologies, such as vSphere, Oracle VM, and XenServer.
- Understanding of networking technologies, including TCP/IP.
- Experience monitoring web based technologies, including Oracle EBS and SAP applications.
Contact us for more information . www.longfordco.com