To provide community based sanitation facility technical assistance, operator training, assist with drafting preventive maintenance and operation and maintenance plans and provide emergency assistance as needed.
Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
Must have at least two years experience in and the ability to test and receive certification in the following trades: water system operations, waste water collection, treatment and disposal, boiler operation and maintenance and electrical controls.
Must be able to demonstrate the ability to maintain and or problem solve issues as it relates to repair and maintenance of systems that require mechanical process for fixing.
Knowledge in the following areas is also preferred: pump repair, chemical injection equipment operation, generator operation, and plumbing.
Must demonstrate the ability to clearly write trip reports and letters, use a personal computer with Microsoft Office applications, and explain complex subjects clearly.
Must possess positive attitude about and aptitude for working with rural Alaska community members.
- Travels to villages to provide technical assistance and training for village based water / sewer facility operators.
- Provides emergency technical assistance as directed by supervisor.
- Ability to work independently in the office and field setting.
- Provides documented technical assistance and maintenance training to water / sewer system operators and communities.
- Assists with planning, hosting and teaching operator certification and training courses.
- Assists with development of Preventive Maintenance and Operation and Maintenance plans.
- Help villages order the supplies and equipment necessary for the operation and maintenance of water and sewer systems.
- Provides local water / sewer operators with on-the-job training.
- Identifies capital improvements and participates in sanitation facility plan reviews when appropriate.
- Must meet requirements and conditions outlined in grant narrative.
- Communicates with village, state and federal representatives in regard to the operation and repair status of community water / sewer facilities.
- Provide sound customer service.