Renaissance Palm Springs is a beautiful destination resorts with 410 spacious guest rooms, 155 one and two bedroom suites. DATE Restaurant offers casual dining Modern American and Contemporary California Cuisine (B, L, D) ROCKS Lounge & Bar, featuring a wide array of specialty drinks and cocktails, appetizers, lunch menu and patio service. Poolside dining service. 15 meeting rooms with nearly 30,000 square feet of meeting space, 12,571 square foot Grand Ballroom, divisible into five sections accommodates up to 1,500 for banquets. 24,000 sq. ft. Courtyard with seating capacity with seating capacity for 2,500.
Catering Sales Manager
Responsible for generating and booking a high volume of business functions of all types. Solicit sales through assigned accounts, potential new accounts and participation in community organizations, which
represent opportunities for new business. Maintain the highest quality of meeting and banquet service.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Know all emergency procedures (fire, severe weather, bomb threats, guest accident/illness, etc).
2. Contact individuals and groups either personally, by telephone or by mail to promote, book
and/or finalize details of future functions.
3. Responsible for obtaining all necessary information concerning company policy and procedures
with regard to extension of credit, modes of payment and contracts.
4. Responsible for obtaining guarantees and distributing guarantee sheets.
5. Supervise completion of necessary paperwork to insure proper inter-hotel communications
concerning meeting and banquet functions.
6. Obtain pertinent information and offer banquet arrangements (menu, cakes, flowers, setups,
music, decorations, entertainment and service) which fulfill the requirements of the occasion.
7. Refer demands for major price deviations for important banquets to the Director of Food and
Beverage in compliance with hotel policy.
8. Make sure that the customer understands all charges before the function and that they have
received a written statement regarding those charges (catering contract).
9. Obtain the greatest profit possible while staying within the customer’s budget and delivering full
value and service.
10. Responsible for maintaining a sales quota, as assigned by Director of Sales, which combines
personal calls, site inspections and telephone solicitations.
11. Maintain and tally weekly and monthly sales reports.
12. Be present at functions as requested by client or Director of Sales and act as liaison between
customer and banquet staff.
13. Perform MOD responsibilities as directed by property policy.
14. Obtain referrals for other banquet business.
15. Follow up on banquets being held at competitive hotels and secure business for your property.
16. Assure that all bookings are in the catering book correctly and that the catering book agrees with
contracts and is always up to date.
17. Maintain a weekly activity file.
18. Follow and maintain the catering filing and tracing procedures.
19. Maintain a working relationship with all department heads.
20. Work closely with the Banquet Manager and the Executive Chef to ensure a well coordinated
meeting and banquet operation.
21. Work closely with the Director of Food and Beverage to develop and maintain appealing and
competitively priced menus for all banquet food and beverage functions.
22. Consult with appropriate department heads in the event of a justifiable complaint from a client.
23. Follow up to thank the customer for the banquet business, learn of the customer’s satisfaction or
complaint so that we can improve our future performance, attempt to re-book for the future and
keep up-to-date written files.
24. Display a professional attitude at all times while conducting business in the office or in the field in
keeping with the organization and hotel standards.
25. Perform any additional duties as needed by the Sales Department or the Director of Sales.
1. Assist kitchen in plating up banquet, if needed.
2. Assist banquet staff with set up, if needed.
Job Knowledge, Skills and other Responsibilities:
1. Able to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written form with guests and
associates so as to respond accurately and completely to people to give directions, instructions,
information, answer questions and provide service as required; be able to read printed material.
2. Have previous catering and sales experience.
3. Sit or stand for varying lengths of time, sometimes for prolonged periods.
4. Possess accurate arithmetic skills to price and extend quotes to customer.
5. Twist, bend, reach and stoop to lift approximately 20 pounds.