Based in the Sunnyvale office, Proofpoint is looking for a self-starting, responsible, mature, highly-motivated renewal sales account manager who can work well with a team of sales account executives, sales engineers and support management to ensure the satisfaction of our existing customer base and secure their subscriptions. The role will demand interaction with large scale enterprises at senior levels, as well as with technical staff within the traditional IT organization.
Responsibilities include establishing and maintaining strong business relationships at the executive level, conducting sales presentations, coordinating multiple resources within an account and uncovering add-on business opportunities through the renewal sales cycle for Proofpoint. The successful candidate will have sound sales experience and excellent business acumen blended with strong interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Contact customers via phone and email to assess customer satisfaction
- Proactively identify customer issues, work with the larger Proofpoint team to resolve them
- Research customer organizational structure and track information within Salesforce.com
- Gather and track information regarding named customers implementation and support activity
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Proofpoint’s competitive positioning in the marketplace
- Develop customer quotes, manage customer data within Salesforce.com
- Identify and convert add-on opportunities into sales, work with regional account team to close
- Meet or exceed customer renewal revenue quota
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to clearly and effectively articulate Proofpoint’s value
- Must be organized, detail and process oriented
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and use good judgment in resolving difficult issues
- Ability to coordinate Proofpoint resources to execute a complex sales strategy
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and web conferencing tools
- Ability to use Salesforce.com and other on-line tools effectively
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred
- 3+ years successful account management, business development or renewal sales experience.. Experience selling to IT departments, IT management and Legal is preferred.
Proofpoint - 18 months ago