The COBRA Renewal Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining positive relationships with all clients and consultants while coordinating and completing the renewal process. This position will work closely with all departments to ensure smooth transition as plans renew, and will serve as the main point of contact for clients and consultants. Additionally, the position is responsible for providing support to all internal marketing and sales personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants and brokers as a main contact.
- Work with the COBRA System Analyst, Quality or Marketing and Onbase team regarding all mass client communications.
- Ensure the group’s satisfaction during renewal process.
- Communicate any issues or questions on the account to the COBRA Account Management Supervisor, COBRA Account Management team (including Senior Account Managers), Regional Director and/or consultant/broker.
- Coordinate the completion of the group renewal.
- Prepare and send renewal information to clients in a timely manner.
- Follow up with clients to ensure deadlines are met and benefits are accessible on plan start date.
- Answer questions on the paperwork and track the required timeframes for compliance.
- Assist in providing appropriate training to all teams (Account Management, Participant Services and Operations) in order to ensure that they can answer questions in regards to the renewal process.
- Track and follow-up to ensure completed paperwork and the appropriate written documentation regarding rate changes are received for each renewal.
- Interpret carrier structures for COBRA plans to ensure appropriate plans and coding is built and/or updated in the system
- Oversee internal processing of renewal account changes answering any questions and ensuring the process goes as smoothly as possible.
- Communicate renewal account changes to employers and file vendors as applicable.
- Support the Marketing & Sales team when appropriate.
- Provide reporting to sales and management during open enrollment periods.
- Assist with client follow-up and special projects.
- COBRA Compliance.
- Provide information and documentation to the client to ensure that they are in compliance with all federal and state COBRA regulations and guidelines.
- Work with direct supervisor or EVP/Chief Risk Officer on any known compliance issues.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Assist the Account Management team or Implementation Managers with special projects (as time of year permits).
- Track renewal numbers and statistics.
- Develop and update administrative procedures as needed.
- Review and update administrative forms as needed.
- Work on continually improving departmental workflow.
- Ensure privacy according to HIPAA.
- Customer service experience and benefit experience typically acquired in one to two years.
- HRcertification testing completed within 180 days of start date.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Meets daily deadlines consistently.
- Must take initiative in jobs performed; seek solutions and answers to problems.
- Flexibility/ adaptability.
Discovery Benefits, Inc. - 23 months ago