Are you ready for an exciting career move? We're a fast moving $15 billion, Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 10,000 stores and 11 distribution centers in 40 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic team atmosphere that leverages each person’s strengths and maximizes potential. We are committed to attracting upbeat, talented, and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others."
JOB TITLE: Rent Administration Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Company Growth
REPORTS TO: Rent Administration Manager
Researches and administers all monthly rent and percentage rent.
Reviews all new store openings including relocations and expansions.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes/calculates monthly rent and percentage rent based on lease provisions for assigned locations.
Makes necessary adjustments to the lease terms database (REM) such that payments are processed to the appropriate accounts.
Makes any accrual/payable adjustments as needed.
Discusses recurring problems and issues with manager to increase efficiency in the network.
- Evaluates new store openings including relocations and expansions.
Reviews occupancy expense, makes determination as to the cost center and appropriate accounts monies should be allocated to for relocations.
Initiates the liquidated damages process, beginning with the creation of the liquidated damages form in SLM and concluding with the collection of monies due.
- Administers variable payments in REM for bi-weekly payments.
- Works with third party vendor to ensure all utilities are being reimbursed in a timely manner.
- Prepare journal entries.
Processes rental credits accurately.
- Updates database related to vendor changes as furnished by the vendor administrator.
- Researches rent statements and provides resolution to outstanding balances.
- Responsible for quarterly check project from Cash Audit.
Reviews and makes determination as to validity of outstanding checks.
Processes paperwork to reissue or void.
- Performs back-up detailed duties for Rent Administration Manager by importing monthly sales to REM.
- Maintains an on-going mutually beneficial communication and relationship with landlords, landlord representatives and/or their managing agents.
- Performs miscellaneous duties or projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Advanced oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with store, office personnel, landlords, and attorneys
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a highly-productive, deadline-oriented environment
- General knowledge of accounting principals
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze data to ensure that rent is paid accurately
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
College degree preferred with 2-3 years of experience in a rent administration environment, or at least 5 years minimum work experience in real estate or related field.
OUR BENEFITS PACKAGE
Health, dental, vision and life insurance
Long term disability
Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
Company matched 401(k)
Corporate child care, ATM, cafeteria and fitness facility
Fun, values centered work atmosphere
Corporate casual dress
Dollar General is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Goodlettsville, Tenn.-based Dollar General Corporation is the nation’s largest small-box discount retailer. We make shopping for...