Directs and coordinates activities of establishment engaged in renting machinery, tools and equipment to companies involved in business operations or to individuals for personal use by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for completing rental transactions, and pickup / delivery coordination of rental
• Responsible for prompt response to incoming calls and return of voice messages.
• Responsible for creating, editing, invoicing, and closing rental agreements using WCAT rental software.
• Regularly compares computer and physical inventory counts and solves any discrepancies as needed.
• Responsible for obtaining credit PO requirements from our internal credit department as needed on a daily basis.
• Ensure cash (COD) accounts are collected and maintained throughout the rental period.
• Responsible for preparing and assisting with rental quotes.
• Responsible for the transfer and tracking of equipment between stores as needed.
• Maintains a positive approach to customer service and satisfaction.
• Recommends products and services to existing and potential customers.
• Follows check-in / check-out procedures of all units entering or exiting the equipment yard.
• Responsible for accurately documenting lost rentals from customer and sales representatives.
• Ability to perform cold calls to potential rental customers.
• Responsible for invoicing rental fuel, maintenance, damage, and transportation costs as needed.
• Instruct customers on safe and proper use of equipment.
• Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
• Responsible for proactively establishing positive working relationships with others by demonstrating excellent behavior flexibility and effective communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast paced work environment.
• Ensure company policies, safety policies, and work processes are followed and in compliance.
• Complete assigned tasks within required time deadlines.
Manages multiple subordinate employees in the Cat Rental department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these subordinates. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
•Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
•Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
•Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
•Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
•Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
•Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual in this job is expected to be able to work well with others and be reliable. Handle multiple projects. Must have good communications skills and work well with both external and internal customers.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree from accredited college or university and/or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and/or employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office Suite software. Minimum six months experience operating a computer in Windows based environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally do heavy lifting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Up to 10%
Warren Equipment Company - 16 months ago