Responsible for greeting customers, processing rental/parking information, offering and selling optional products and services, and handling and responding to customer inquiries, issues and needs.
- Greet customers, process rental and/or parking information, offer and sell optional products/services utilizing proven sales techniques, disclose rates, terms and conditions of rental /parking contract and explain the charges professionally.
- Handle customer service issues including car exchanges, telephone calls, extending rental contracts, and processing returning and overdue rentals; enter and maintain data in location logs; communicate with drivers via two-way radio to coordinate pick-up and delivery of customers.
- Balance cash drawer, complete deposit procedures and secure money in safe.
- Maintain cleanliness of the rental counter/office area.
- Perform related responsibilities as assigned or required.
Knowledge and Skill
- Knowledge of and ability to use effective sales techniques
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills promoting positive impression with customers
- Ability to manage stressful, fast-paced environment while maintaining good customer relations
- Ability to recognize and create opportunities to sell upgrades and options to customers
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to present a professional appearance and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to process all paperwork according to company policies and procedures
- Ability to type and perform data entry accurately.
- Knowledge and skill in car rental operations
What's in it for you!
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prefer some college
- At least 1 year of sales / customer service experience.
- Prefer previous car rental experience
- Valid driver's license as required by state.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Competitive Health benefits, including a 401(k) plan;
- Employee Discount Program –Everything from Flowers to Movie Tickets, Automobiles, and Computers;
- The ability to drive your career forward – through our Manager in Training program;
- The chance to work for a company with Community Commitment: DTAG partners with Special Olympics, America Red Cross, & Habitat for Humanity among other organizations to give back to the communities where we live and work;
- Contribute to a team that believes in Value Every Time…for our customers, and for our employees
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, disability, medical condition or marital status or other protected status.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. maintains a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace for all employees. Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment screening process, which includes a drug test and background check. Employees must maintain compliance with the Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace policy for the duration of employment.
Thank you for your interest in applying; we also encourage you to visit us at www.facebook.com/DollarThriftyCareers for other opportunities that meet your skills and qualifications.
STEP UP and Like Us today!
Thrifty drivers looking to get the most for a buck might try Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group (DTG), which rents cars under the Dollar Rent A...