Kenneth N. Kinsley founded Kinsley Power Systems in 1964. The company began as a construction supply house serving the Western Massachusetts and Connecticut construction industry. Over the years, the company has grown into a full service, emergency and prime power systems provider. Kinsley Power now solves customers energy needs throughout the northeast, and has developed a reputation for integrity and professionalism. One of our goals is to set the standard for power systems performance & service.
Central to that goal is providing quality products and employing the best personnel in the business. Kinsley Power has been a distributor for Kohler Power Systems is one of the most respected names in power systems for over 40 years. KPS associates are knowledgeable and dedicated to excellence in their respective fields. Whether it's coming up with a creative solution to an engineering problem or providing customer service that exceeds expectations, Kinsley Power associates demonstrate pride and care.
Responsible for prospecting, forecasting and closing business for rentals. Overlays entire Kinsley territory.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Minimum Education, Qualifications, Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- Compiles lists of prospective customers from various internal and external sources for use as sales leads.
- Establishes a customer base in which to promote and solicit new and on-going business.
- Calls on regular and prospective customers by phone or by traveling throughout territory to solicit orders and close sales. Work with new equipment & AMS associates to secure market share and customer service.
- Quote prices, contract terms, estimated delivery date, and credit terms.
- Prepare rental agreements for orders obtained.
- Work with AP/AR to ensure timely & proper cash flows in/out of the company
- Maintains equipment status records for logistics (pickup, delivery, service/maintenance dispatch and billing).
- Establish and maintain list of recent suppliers (contacts & pricing) to serve immediate turnarounds and emergency response situations.
- Work with customers to capture power systems needs proactively
- Maintains market pricing by geography, application/size, customer type and rental duration to remain profitable and competitive with industry average time utilization.
- Promotes the use of emergency preparedness intake documents on prospects and existing customers to enable rapid deployment of equipment when called upon.
- Prepares various reports and presentations as required for sales, client meetings, expenses, etc.
- Maintain accurate CRM records of customer contacts/activities and transactions.
- Formulate sales revenue forecasting / projections, cost benefit analysis for recommendation of fleet disposal, new fleet acquisition, quantifying market opportunities by geography/vertical/application.
- Communicate information concerning collections, estimated revenues of contracts, new contracts, pending contracts, and overall activity with accounts.
- Participates in conferences, tradeshows and industry associations.
- Utilize, audit and own the improvement of existing account management processes and reporting systems for rentals.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of equipment, its applications and market/customer opportunities/outlook.
- Proactively anticipate and prepare for increased demand (storms, outages, etc.) as well as increased potential (traveling events, new equipment sales’ temporary placement, major overhaul standby power augmentation, etc.).
- Identify areas of continuous improvement/streamlining to make the operations of rental a more competitive LOB for KPS – be it in cost reduction, margin expansion and/or customer response & overall readiness.
- Performs all related duties as required.
- 3 years sales experience in a related service industry
- Ability to travel 2-3 days per week including overnight stays
- Must be a market driven professional with high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong sales, account management, team focus analytical and leadership skills to drive 500% increase over the next 3 years.
- Ability to cultivate strong working relationships with customers and internally cross business areas
- Consistent achievement of revenue and profitability targets
Essential functions are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements of this position, but are not intended to be comprehensive. Ordering of essential functions does not necessarily reflect importance of item.
ZipRecruiter - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Kinsley Power Systems is a power solutions company that serves customers throughout the northeast. We sell and rent both temporary and...