Posting Job Title: Emergency Response Center Operator
Requisition #: 142000BR
Posting Location: Syracuse, NY, US
Area of Interest: Customer Service/Member Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Works in Emergency Response Center to support legacy and IntelligentHome security customers in the operation of customer premise equipment and account data configuration. Monitor and respond to events and alarm signals generated from home security systems and end users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses electronic resources to monitor security systems in homes and businesses.
- Notifies customer of events, failures or alarms.
- Notifies appropriate agency of events or alarms.
- Answers incoming phone calls.
- Complies with department standards for call processing and customer service goals.
- Notifies supervisor of errors or systems issues.
- Performs basic troubleshooting, escalates as necessary to appropriate support departments per policies and procedures.
- Performs data entry and verification.
- Contact on call personnel indicated as necessary.
- Attends meetings/training as required.
- Must fulfill applicable Alarm Operator Licensing,
- Registration and Certification requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATION STANDARDS :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA) Level I Operator Certification must be obtained within three months of accepting position.
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively, tactfully and courteously with all clients and employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly over the phone and express excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess minimum one year of Windows-based computer experience.
- Basic keyboarding skills.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality in dealing with customer data.
- Must have understanding of browsers, email and the Internet.
- Knowledge of customer support/troubleshooting over the phone.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Must be able to answer and manage telephone calls at defined performance standards.
- Spanish language skills desired.
- *Individual must be able to work a floating/flexible schedule.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- One year face-to-face and/or phone customer contact experience desired.
- Ability to handle various tasks simultaneously, organize, prioritize, make decisions and work efficiently.
- Ability to express oneself in a clear, concise and organized manner both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to think through a problem, analyze and break it down into parts to resolve or come up with a logical solution.
- Must be able to function under considerable levels of stress while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, keeping in mind company policies and procedures as guidelines.
- Ability to deal with irate or difficult customers.
- Ability to maintain mental focus.
- Ability to communicate by telephone majority of the work day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for long periods of time and will spend the majority of the work day in a seated position.
- Typing, data entry, use of mouse, and reading on a computer continuously throughout the work day.
- The employee must be able to hear and speak.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus; must be visually able to use a computer continuously throughout the work day.
- The employee must be able to deal with irate and difficult customers in a professional and courteous manner on a regular basis.
FCC Unit_TWC: 1053
Controlling Establishment ID: 00160 - Syracuse Fair Lakes
Time Warner Cable - 20 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...